Saturday, March 7, 2015

It's been an adventure

Phoenix is at the editor's desk and I'm in that place where I wait anxiously to see if the last several months have been worth my time (and my editor's). I've felt many times the story was crap and tempted to give up. I've heard it "Every first draft is crap." I'm counting on that; on having the chance for a rewrite and to make the second draft shine.
So I wait and while I wait, I'm plotting the next book. I have other stories waiting on the sidelines, but Tucker and Alison are still my favorite so I'll continue to tell their stories until they have nothing more to say.
I feel very grateful to the people who have cheered me on and believed in me. 'No author is an island.' Those great friends will be revealed in my acknowledgments.
I talked about the process before. I really don't have any wisdom for you. I had an idea, and started writing. I actually began Phoenix about three years ago. Instead of letting the story carry me through the destruction going on in my personal life, I let the destruction take me away from my writing. I can only be grateful that the story never left me and I was able to go back to it when I realized I needed to write to survive.
That's the process, I guess. When you realize writing helps you keep your sanity and balance in a life that sometimes goes off kilter and makes you feel a little unhinged.
So if that inspires even one person, I feel it's been worth it.
Thank you, my friends, for following along in my adventure

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the editor's; I can't wait to see the finish product!

    ReplyDelete