Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Process

What can I say about the process? I didn't know and I still wonder. All I did was take an idea and start typing. I drew from real life and imagination. I made up characters that were fictional and not so fictional at the same time. I set the story in a place made up of several real towns in my memory.

I'm on a learning curve, and I suspect that even authors with dozens of titles under their belts might admit to still being on the learning curve...possibly only after a couple of glasses of wine, though.

All I know is, it was fun, despite the depressing days when I thought I was churning out a pile of crap. But it's been said the first draft is always crap. I'm still awaiting the diagnosis from my editor. (Be gentle, Kate.) (Takes a sip of brandy.)

I'm still having fun; the cover process has been especially enjoyable; I was lucky to find someone talented and easy to work with. (Take a bow, MAB Expressions.)

I know there's still work ahead; a second and maybe third draft. Figuring out Amazon and Kobo. Marketing. But I've come so much farther than I ever thought I would.

Just wanted to share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment